CKs Book Reads

I like turtles and I have concerns.  Also books.

Fallback Plan, The

The Fallback Plan - Leigh Stein I'm having trouble finding the right words to describe just how touched I am by this story. It was definitely too short and I almost didn't read it. The first 20 pages, the first chapter, is missing the painful beauty of reality that stabs at your heart for the rest of the book. There were a few other times throughout the story where I felt the author started to lose her way, reminiscent to the beginning, but then she would find her way and her words would burrow into me so deep that I couldn't get enough. At 26 I can't believe this first time author has so vividly captured the angst of adulthood - the remnants of teenage angst that college/university grads feel upon being thrust into unwelcome adulthood and the nostalgic angst that thirty-somethings feel when they socialize with twenty-somethings.Horrible cover, okay title, can't wait to read what she writes next.Edit: I would also add that I'm disappointed in the Panda story. While cute and twisted it was more of a rip off of Narnia, than a shout out to Narnia.

Naked Lunch
The Blondes
Emily Schultz
The Son
Philipp Meyer
The Iceberg Express (Dodo Press)
David Cory