CKs Book Reads

I like turtles and I have concerns.  Also books.

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)

Fifty Shades of Grey - E.L. James Dear Erotic/Fetish Romance, In the future will you please list all potentially mood killing subject matter including, but not limited to, menstruation, sweat pants, and giving head to a soapy c*ck.So I'm not really sure what to say about this book. For the people who really really liked it I'd like to know why? What was it about this book that made it so great for you? I thought it started off fine for erotica and the first sex scene certainly got me hot and bothered which is the point right? But after that I found no reason to go on. I found it too difficult to imagine Christian and Ana as Edward and Bella - okay it wasn't hard to imagine Ana as Bella - and the storyline here is non-existent so why else would I care about these 2 people?The one good thing I will say about this book is that it has made it more than okay to talk about sexy stories. Sure lots of women read romance and lots of romance contains sex, but it's always felt so hush hush or like a guilty secret. Now every single person I know has heard of this book for good or bad including my husband. And I'm quite certain my husband will be pleased if this book has created a trend in our household. ;)

Naked Lunch
The Blondes
Emily Schultz
The Son
Philipp Meyer
The Iceberg Express (Dodo Press)
David Cory